Setup your Extender with Netgear installation assistant
Have you stuck with the Netgear installation assistant? Are you facing problems during the Netgear wifi Extender setup process? Do not worry at all! The Netgear installation assistant is always ready to help you. It will help you set up your Netgear Extender in a simple way. Therefore, you would not face any problem while setting up the Netgear WIFI extender with your WIFI router. After that, you can use the high-speed internet without any problem. Below are the most desired steps a user needs to install a Netgear Extender setup device. Follow the steps to set up your Netgear Extender with The Netgear installation assistant.
Follow the steps to Connect with the Netgear Installation Assistant
Netgear Extender setup is a hectic process but a doable one also. Leave your worries even if you do not have any technical knowledge. You can do the Netgear extender setup with the help of the given instructions in this article. So to complete the process with Netgear installation assistant, follow the steps given below.
- 1. First of all, place the WIFI extender near to an electric outlet for your WIFI router. Switch ON the button and supply power to it. Wait for the Extender LED to light green.
- 2. After this, connect the Netgear WIFI extender using your wifi connection. You can even use an Ethernet cable.
- 3. IF you are using the Ethernet cable, connect it using the Ethernet port on your computer and WIFI extender.
- 4. For a wifi connection, you have to open the connection manager. After that, locate the network called NETGEAR_EXT or Mywifiext.
- 5. Now, navigate to your browser. Enter the 192.168.1.250 IP address in the search field. Now, the extender setup page will display.
- 6. On this extender setup page, click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. After that, enter the details in the given field and press the NEXT.
- 7. In the next step, verify that the Access Point/Extender switch is on Extender Mode only. Continue to the next step.
- 8. Furthermore, select the available wifi name in your house and click on the Next button. You can also change the wifi frequency bands.
- 9. However, if you don’t want to change, then clear both wifi bands. Sometimes you find that the Netgear installation assistant is not working.
- 10. And your WIFI extender won’t connect to the router. In this situation, the following steps can help you.
- 11. As you select your WIFI name, enter the security passcode whenever asked. Head over to the next step when you enter the password.
- 12. After this, you can set the username and password of your Netgear WIFI extender. And then proceed to the next level.
- 13. You can connect your wifi enabled device to the new extended network via the SSID and password created just now.
- 14. You may continue if your device has connected to the new Netgear WIFI extended network.
- 15. You will see a confirmation message that your device has connected to the network.
- 16. Click on the Next button to get a Netgear installation assistant registration page. Complete all the required fields.
- 17. And then click on the submit tab. It tells me that the setup process is successful. In case you don’t want to do the registration, you can skip it also.
- 18. Now, make sure that you have placed your Netgear WIFI extender device almost halfway between your router and other client devices.
This step will assure you that the Netgear installation assistant is successful. It is a simple process to configure the Netgear extender setup. You can also contact our Netgear installation assistant experts. IF you find any difficulty in the Netgear installation process, try repeating them. The above method can prove a panacea in the process of Netgear installation assistant. At last, you can do a Netgear Extender reset. And then go through these steps.
Mywifiext Password change with Netgear Installation assistant without Reset
To modify the WIFI password of your range extender, access the Netgear installation assistant first. Plug the WIFI extender into a power socket board and link it to a computer of your choice. Use only an Ethernet cable to interlink both the devices with each other. As it is more secure to access the web-based settings.
- Connect the WIFI extender to the WIFI network of your home.
- Apart from this, you can connect your Netgear extender to the WIFI network.
- Through your web browser, go to the Mywifiext support Site.
- Here you have to enter the model number or Product Name of your WIFI extender.
- Select a firmware version that you want to install for your device.
- And then click the download option via Netgear installation assistant.
- After downloading the latest Netgear Extender setup firmware version, click to unzip the file using a suitable tool.
- Again, open the same web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net.
- A Netgear installation assistant login page will appear on the screen.
- The Netgear installation assistant page will ask for a username and password.
- When you enter the login username and password into the required field, a status page will appear on the screen.
- Use the username and password you specified while logging in for the first time.
- Click the option [Firmware Update] to proceed with the firmware update process.
- Then hit the Browse button, and locate the downloaded firmware file.
- It ends with .img or .chk. Now, click the [Upload] button and wait till the firmware update finishes.
The process will take a few minutes only. After that, you hit the Upload button. Or never try to go online. You cannot even power off the WIFI extender. In case you shut down the computer device. Or perform anything else between the firmware upload processes, the process will corrupt.
How do I reset my Netgear WIFI Extender if needed?
Sometimes we have to reset our WIFI extender to change the WIFI password. Reset your WIFI extender back to factory default settings via guided Netgear installation assistant. To make your range extender back to factory default settings: –
• Locate a reset button on your Netgear WIFI range extender.
• And now, find a pointed object to press the button.
• You need to hold on to the reset button on your for at least ten seconds.
• And then leave it. After ten seconds, your Netgear extender will start booting up.
• And after a few minutes, it will be back to its factory default configuration.
Netgear Extender setup troubleshooting tips
Go through the described troubleshooting steps to fix your Netgear WIFI extender setup issues.
• Make sure that your Netgear WIFI extender is receiving power from the wall power outlet.
• Do not use the damaged wall plug to plug your Netgear Extender.
• There might be a short circuit due to a damaged power outlet. Your Netgear extender will also get damage.
• Always access a high-speed internet network to connect with the Netgear Installation assistant.
• While doing the Netgear Extender setup, check all the wired connections.
• Try to avoid using any damaged cable and ports. Check your Ethernet, LAN, and WAN port also.
• Keep your Netgear Extender away from microwaves, fish tanks, cordless phones, metal objects, aluminum, studs, Bluetooth, and room corners.
• Enter the correct web domain, like www.mywifiext.net or http://192.168.1.254. In the address bar of the browser.
• Power cycle the devices connected to the extended network and the router.
• First of all, power cycle the router. And then the range extender, and then other client devices.
Use the latest and recently launched firmware. Additionally, use the browser with the most recent version. Reset the WIFI extender and the router if nothing works. After the reset process, start again with the Netgear installation assistant setup process.