The setup Netgear EX3110 extender with the FastLane technology provides maximum wifi performance to users. It offers a high-speed wifi connection with a dedicated wireless band. The first wireless band connects your router to the extended network, and the other band connects your client devices with the extender. The following are the details of the process required to set up your Netgear wifi extender to the router using the FastLane technology setup. You will get the FastLane setup option through the Netgear Installation assistant.
Setup steps for your Netgear Extender EX3110 via FastLane
- Firstly, you need to associate your client device to the router’s wifi network.
- Here you can either use a computer, laptop or mobile as a client device for the Netgear EX3110 wifi extender configuration with the router.
- Open a web browser on a computer or any device connected to the WiFi network.
- Open a browser like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge to configure the Netgear 192.168.1.250 login page of your range extender.
- Enter the web address www.mywifiext.net into the required fields and click the enter button.
- On the login window, the setup Netgear extender page will ask for the username and password.
- You should enter ADMIN as the username and PASSWORD as the password to access the Basic home page.
- You will now get the Netgear installation assistant page. Here you will see the option “FastLane” and continue the settings.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to get the settings done. You will get two options:
- One is to connect your device to the extender in 2.4 GHz and the extender to the router in 5 GHz.
- You can also go for any options you like and then hit the SAVE button. You have successfully connected your devices to the
- If the Netgear installation assistant page does not open, enter the IP address 192.168.1.250 in the browser to access the login page.
Netgear EX3110 firmware update process via FastLane setup
Is your Netgear wifi extender not working? Are you facing network problems even after a successful connection? Do not worry at all. Leave your queries and follow the process ahead. Users face slow and drop internet connection problems due to obsolete firmware. You need to update the firmware of your range extender using the Netgear installation assistant.
- Turn on your Netgear wifi extender setup EX3110 device.
- Connect it to a properly functioning power outlet near the router.
- Connect a computer, laptop, or mobile device to the wifi network.
- Once finished, open a web browser as per your device’s OS processor.
- Enter the mywifiext.net login web address into the search bar of the browser.
- You will now see the Netgear installation assistant page, which is also called the login page of your device.
- On the Netgear 192.168.1.250 login page, enter the username and password.
- You will use the same username and password used in the above setup Netgear extender login page.
- From the homepage of your router, go to the settings and hit the firmware upgrade option.
- After that, click the check button to see if any latest firmware update is available.
If you find a pending firmware update, click on the YES button to upgrade the firmware of your Netgear EX3110 wifi extender. Wait for some time and let the update process finish. As the update finishes, login back to your range extender to see if the Netgear wifi extender not working problem has been resolved or not.
Advanced troubleshooting steps for Netgear not working
Check the power adapter connected to your router and the range extender. If it is not working, then change it. Connect a new power adapter. After that, make sure your wifi extender is connected to the proper functioning power outlet. Look at the Ethernet cables connected to the router and the configuration device. If you find the cables damaged or loose, change them or reconnect them, and fix the Netgear wifi extender not working. Try to use the IP address instead of a user interface during the Netgear installation assistant setup. For more help, call our support team. You can send us your issues through the chat box given at the bottom of this page.