Getting smooth, strong, and beakless Wi-Fi signals everywhere in your house can be challenging without the Netgear wifi extender setup. The Mesh networking capabilities presented by the Know your Netgear Wi-Fi extender EX3700 and configuration as a Range Extender is to sort out this problem for your future. Netgear Mywifiext.net extender can wirelessly connect. That is why the Wi-Fi signal of your house blankets your entire home. The setup guide on this page will help you get your new Netgear wifi Extender setup EX3700 and broadcast your wireless signals into the home.
How does Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 Networks Work?
The idea behind using the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 as a mesh network is to provide a smooth and streamless connection to multiple devices in your house. You can set up these devices can be hooked up together to receive better wireless coverage throughout your home. One of these devices, like the Wi-Fi Extender, will connect to your ISP modem and will work as an extended mode. While the other units will be strategically positioned anywhere around your home, connecting each of them wirelessly to one another. These units will then serve as a Wi-Fi blanket around your entire home. It ensures a powerful signal roaming in your home.
Setup Netgear EX3700 using a web interface.
- Plug your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700, and wait until the LED lights are white and become stable.
- The solid white light indicates that your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 has finished the booting process.
- Please connect your Netgear EX3700 Wi-Fi Extender with a wired Ethernet connection to your modem or existing wireless router with the same Ethernet cable.
- You can connect your Wi-Fi Extender to your PC/NB device. Either wirelessly or wired network and then open your web browser.
- Through the address line of your web browser, go to http://mywifiext.net or enter the required Web GUI for Quick Internet Setup and Netgear Installation Assistant.
- Please keep in mind that the Web QIS can only be configured via a wireless connection to your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700.
- You have to create your administrator login account and password using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, then click next.
- In the next step, you should select your internet connection and type the DHCP connection type as an example.
- For other internet service providers, you have to contact your ISP to get the setup information.
- Now, you should create a username or SSID and password for your Wi-Fi Extender.
Once you complete your Mywifiext.net setup process, you have to wait until a solid blue light shows up, indicating that the extender is now ready to use.
Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 setup using the Genie App
- The Netgear WiFi Extender setup process will start with the primary extender hub.
- You can now identify it by looking at the ports. If you see a blue label on the Wi-Fi Extender, it means you can START now.
- One end of the provided Ethernet cord will be linked to any of the available Ethernet ports on your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 Wi-Fi Extender at its back.
- The other end of this Ethernet cable will connect your Wi-Fi Extender with the Ethernet port of the existing modem gateway in your home.
- Plug the power cable of the Wi-Fi Extender at the back of the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 power slot. Plug the other end of this power cable into the power slot of your house and turn the power on.
- Wait till the extender shows a strong white LED light on it. Connect your mobile to the wireless network of your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Download the Netgear app through your mobile device from the available play store or app store. Launch the app, and tap OK to agree on the terms and conditions of your Netgear wifi Extender setup.
- As the welcome screen appears, tap the START ON tab. You will now get a list of options on the screen, which you must have ready with you. Tap the next tab to continue.
- Click NEXT. And the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 Wi-Fi Extender should be powered. Tap next to get the next level of the setup. As the setup Netgear extender EX3700 shows a solid white LED, click OK.
- You need to wait till the app finds your device, then tap next. Create an SSID and a password to make your Wi-Fi Extender secured. Confirm these security keys and go ahead.
- Select the location where you want to place your Mywifiext Extender, and then you are ready to go.
- Now you will connect your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender EX3700 to the internet and then set up WIFI access to your devices. Hit continues to go next.
- Create a WIFI network, and fill in the SSID and Password for each network. Now, you have successfully connected your primary hub to the network. If you want to add other devices to the network, tap next.
If you fail to access the Mywifiext net set up, check the IP address of your extender. The computer you are using must have an IP address in the same range as the device. Most of the series in the Mywifiext.net setup extender use the IP 192.168.0.x ranges.