http://www.mywifiext.net/ is a solution to every netgear problem but sometimes it doesn’t work and this issue has become frequent these days. The possible reasons for when you try to access the website http://www.mywifiext.net/ is to set up your wireless extender, login to its web-based interface to personalize some settings and to update password. The problem arises when you receive an error message stating that http://www.mywifiext.net/ unable to connect to the site. This usually occurs because http://www.mywifiext.net/ is not a regular Internet website. It is just a local web address which is used to launch settings like genie or Smart Wizard, the basic features of a NETGEAR wireless range extender.
Let’s determine what exactly you are experiencing with your NETGEAR, match the error you are getting.
Firstly, the basic requirement to complete the process is that you must connect your computer to the NETGEAR range extender either physically connected via ethernet or wirelessly over wifi. That’s the basic of accessing the mywifiext.net web address.
Secondly, open a web browser on your computer and enter http://www.mywifiext.net/ in the URL/ address bar. Press enter.
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. You might see errors like “You are not connected to a network”or “Page cannot be displayed”.
- Google Chrome. Google gives errors stated as “ Google Chrome can’t display the webpage because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet”, “Unable to connect to the Internet”.
- Firefox. The bold letters willstate “Server not found”, then it says Firefox can’t find the server at www.mywifiext.net.”
- Safari. Safari states “ Safari can’t open the web page” “No internet connection” or “Can’t find server.”
Follow the steps to troubleshoot issues connecting to www.mywifiext.net:
- You need to make changes in the placement of your range extender, Bring it to the same room as your wireless router.
This is just for initiating their connection and after that you can bring them back to their intended places.
- Ensure that your NETGEAR wireless range extender is plugged into a power source. The LED will pulse if the extender is receiving power so you can check like this also.
If it is a PC extender, make sure it is also lit. If it isn’t, unplug it and re connect to refresh the connection.
- Now launch http://www.mywifiext.net/ via your web browser, you can also use extender’s default IP address: 192.168.1.250.
- If the problem persists, clear cookies and cache of your web browser and then re try again.
- Try to change the web browser in the next go if this doesn’t work.
- Connect your PC to the extender via Ethernet cable.
- Assign it a static IP.
- If you don’t want to get into much technical complicated troubleshooting then speak to an expert to avoid any damage to your NETGEAR router.