Your question is about the factory reset procedure of your Netgear wi-fi extender. Isn’t it? When you start noticing sudden issues while using your Netgear extender R9000 or it starts working weirdly, then it is time to reset your extender to its factory/default settings. Resetting the Netgear extender R9000 is not rocket science. You will find it very easy once you will go through this article. It is very easy and simple to reset your extender yourself. You just need to follow certain basic steps to do so.
Important- A little caution is required before going for a reset process. The reset will erase all your customized settings including password and network name. So, it is recommended to keep a backup of all your Netgear extender current settings. By doing this, you can restore this backup easily without manually configuring your extender again.
Before moving towards the steps, the main thing every user should be aware of is the reason to reset your extender. Here are a few reasons why you need to reset your Netgear extender R9000.
Need to reset your extender:
Here are the various conditions in which you have to reset your Netgear extender. Let us look into them one by one.
- The extender is not working as per the requirements.
- The extender is not connected to the devices.
- Your extender is connected but it is showing no internet.
- When you notice blinking LEDs on your extender.
- When the internet connection is slow even after the proper setup procedure.
- You have lost your Netgear login credentials.
Netgear Extender R9000 reset process:
Using Reset Button- This is the simplest way to reset your extender using the reset button located on the back or the bottom of your range extender. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset your Netgear wifi extender:
1. First of all, ensure that the router is powered on and LED lights are green.
2. Locate the reset button on your extender. Some extenders have a reset button on the bottom and some have a reset button on the bottom.
3. Now press and hold the button for a few seconds.
4. Wait for some time as the reset procedure will take a few seconds to get completed. You are done with reset of your extender using the reset button.
Using mywifiext.net– You can also access the web interface of the extender to reset it. Follow the below steps:
1. Plugin the extender into an electric outlet and turn it on.
2. Connect to the wi-fi using an Ethernet cable.
3. Now connect your computer or laptop to the network.
4. Open a web browser of your choice.
5. Enter mywifiext.net into the address bar of the browser and press enter.
6. Wait for a few seconds so that the web page loads properly.
7. Enter the username and the password in the required fields.
8. Once you are logged into the extender’s web interface, go to advanced settings.
9. Click on the Factory Reset button and wait for the router to reset.
When you will face the problem mentioned above, you can try to resolve them before going for a reset. Because resetting your extender would mean you will lose the login credentials that you have set earlier. You will get back to default/ factory configurations after resetting the extender. So, you should use reset as a last resort.
Before that, try to resolve the issues as follows:
- Make sure your extender is located in the right place.
- Check all the cables and wires if you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are facing problems with the internet connection.
- You must follow the proper Netgear wifi extender setup procedure as prescribed by the technicians.
- Keep your login credentials noted down on paper if you want to escape from the reset.
That’s all. You are done with reset of your Netgear range extender. The foremost thing you should know is the Netgear extender’s login credentials. Netgear extender login will lead you to the web interface of the router and we can change any settings from there. If you face routerlogin.net not working issue, you can contact our technical experts. We are ready to help you at any time.