Having a Wi-Fi extender in your home is a great option to keep you connected, but a poorly secured Wi-Fi can throw your personal WI-FI information and settings at risk. As an essential activity, you need to change your Netgear Mywifiext setup password regularly. It will help you to protect it from external threats. If you change your Netgear Mywifiext.net password regularly, then the cheap neighbours cannot steal your bandwidth. To change the WI-FI password, you need to open the configuration page of your Netgear AC750 extender, then log into your current settings. And then, change the Wi-Fi password. Two things that you need to keep in mind are your configuration device and the web browser. They must have an active internet connection and a compatible web browser. With the help of a browser, you can access the Mywifixet login window to access your Netgear wifi extender setup and configuration page.
Netgear Mywifiext password change: AC750
1. Open your Netgear AC750 Extender Configuration page
To access the configuration page of your Wi-Fi extender, you should have a web browser on your computer connected to the network. If you don’t know the previous password, then you cannot connect it to the Wi-Fi. In that case, you have to use an Ethernet cable to connect your configuration device directly to the extender. It will help you to bypass the need for the range password of your Netgear AC750 Extender. Is your computer connected directly to the Netgear range extender setup page via an Ethernet cable? Then, launch the browser and either enter Mywifiext.net or any one of the below addresses.
2. Some standard Netgear Mywifiext.net login addresses are as follows;
- 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.1.250 or 10.0.1.1 for Apple devices, or 10.0.0.1 for xfinity devices, etc. You can enter any one of the above-given addresses into your web browser’s address bar.
- Is the above login addresses fail to access your Netgear Mywifiext.net setup AC750 and configuration page? Then open the command prompt of your computer.
- The computer should be connected to the Netgear wifi extender setup itself. Press the Window key + R and enter cmd.
- Once you get the command prompt, then type ipconfig and hit enter. Then, you should look here for your active connection in the given list and obtain the default Gateway address.
- It is what you called your Netgear Wi-Fi extender address. If still not able to access the configuration page, then you need to do a reset.
- To reset your Netgear AC750 Wi-Fi extender setup press, and hold the reset button on it for more than five seconds and release. Press the reset tab.
- For this, you can use any pointed object, like a matchstick, toothpick, paper clip, etc.
- When the Netgear Wi-Fi extender resets, it gets on to its factory default settings. You have to log in back to its configuration page with the first step.
- Now, look for the default login details on your Netgear AC750 WI-FI extender. It is on its label. Some Netgear Mywifiext logins have configuration software.
- If you have installed any one of such configuration software, you can use a web browser instead. For example, Netgear has Netgear Genie and Nighthawk apps to set up and manage your extender configuration.
2. Enter the username and password of your Netgear AC750 extender
Every Mywifiext.net extender setup needs a username and password before accessing its innards. If you never made any changes to the default login details of your extender, then “ADMIN” will be the username and password of your extender by default. If the ADMIN does not fit the password field, then use the phrase “PASSWORD” itself. It varies from model to model, so you have to search your model number online to get the exact login information.
3. Open the Wireless section
1. Once you get the correct login detail, enter all the needed information into the Mywifiext.net login window and click login. Now you have reached the Netgear Mywifiext login page. Your next step should be to access the wireless section of your extender from your Netgear Mywifiext.net web interface.
2. The exact settings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the general settings remain the same. Look for a “Wireless” or “Wireless Settings/Setup” tab. From the multiple subsections of your “Wireless” section, click “Wireless Security page.”
Create a new Netgear AC750 Extender password
Find the box Password, Passphrase, or Shared Key. And then, enter your new Wi-Fi password. You should re-enter the password to make it confirmed. Try to create a strong password that anyone can hardly break. Do not use your personal information so that no one can even guess. Include a liberal amount of letters, random cases, numbers, symbols, and special characters, such as $, #, @, etc. The length of your password should be eight to sixteen characters.